Burma tours trekking can be done in many places in Burma especially in the mountainous region of Burma – Myanmar. Visitors have the opportunities to go and witnessing heavily forested jungle with rich flora and fauna. Situated 125 km north of Putao at an altitude of 1640 ft, 500 meters above sea is the administrative center of the Hkakaborazi National Park system. Being depot of botany in northern Burma ( Myanmar ) having a huge range of flowers including Rhododendron Dendricoala and many deferent species of Begonias etc. This is the very place that well-known botanist Frank Kingdon Ward has found many rare species of orchids during his botanic survey in 1920.
The most important thing about the Putao Trekking House, however, is its proximity to so many adventurous activities and brilliant trails. Putao Trekking House is cozy, well-equipped, and staffed mainly, whose knowledge of the region is a massive boon to guests.
Tour Duration: 6 days / 5 nights
Tour Type: Adventure, Trekking
Cities: Putao, Namtunkoo, Mandalay
Price: From US$ 1500/person
Activity Level: Moderate level
Day 01 Arrival, Putao
Upon arrival at Putao airport you will be met by Putao Trekking House’s representative and transferred to your guest house. Putao lies in a flat valley, jumping-off point for trekkers who want to explore the region’s deep forests, wildlife sanctuaries and snow-capped mountains etc. After a brief fresh up take a walk around Putao for the orientation. Dinner and overnight at Putao Lodge.
Day 02 Putao – Namtunkoo (trek)
Early in the morning walk to Putao market (approx 10 minute), visit attractive market often busy with local ethnic tribes. Return to hotel, breakfast and head off towards Namtunkoo Lisu village, situates west of Putao on the cross road to Mt. Lancrumadin (20 km, approx 5 hours). Walk through cultivation field passing some small villages and farm land. After about one hour walking on the flat land you are immediately in to wildness with lush tropical evergreen forests. About 3 hours trek through the terrain uphill you reach approx 2250 ft, 680 meters shoulder of Namhtun mountain range from where the path descends all the way. Far west you will see blazing 11530 ft, 3495 meters high Lancrumadin Mountain towards Indian border. Lunch stop and continue trek another one more hour through the farm land to the village. Check in at a designated home and heading to Namhtun creek, usually busy during the late afternoon by local on their return home from field. Dinner and overnight at Namhtunkoo village house.
Day 03 Namtunkoo – Mulashidi – Putao (trek/jeep)
Breakfast and visit around the village for social and cultural inter-action. Bit farewell to the locals and walk about 45 minutes through the field along Namhtun creek crossing the creek a couple of time. Once you get in to the wildness the terrain immediate become deep up which leads up to 2295 ft, 700 meters. After about 2 hour through quite strenuous jungle trail in dense forest filled with bamboo grove the trek gradually descend through farm land from where we enjoy a spectacular view of the Putao plain with snake like crawling Mula creek. Lunch stop and about 2 hours easy trek to arrive at Mulashidi village. Enjoy beautiful surrounding often back drop with snow-capped mountains in distance. Join your jeep and return back to Putao and check in at hotel. Dinner and overnight at Putao Lodge.
Day 04 Putao – Machanbaw – Putao (jeep)
Breakfast and excursion by jeep to Machanbaw (20 km, approx one hour). Machanbaw is a small administrative town ex-Putao with beautifully set up colonial style town. Arrive at Naungkhine village and walk through by a small suspension bridge span across Malikha River to Machanbaw. Excursion in town includes a small market and walk up to the so-called stone dragon park which should takes about 20 minutes to view the snake-like rock formation. Walk back to the river front, cross suspension bridge to other side and drive back to Putao. Lunch at hotel and have a relaxing afternoon in Putao. Dinner and overnight at Putao Lodge.
Day 05 Walking / biking tour to Hopaing and Mudon villages (easy)
Breakfast and we visit small but attractive Putao market and extended walk to Lonsut village, through vast paddy fields, cross over Namhtun creek and walk up to small plateau for a nice over view of Putao valley. Continue walk through beautiful bamboo grove to Hopaing Shan village, beautifully located on the valley of Lonsut. Visit beautiful Buddhist Monastery and village, social and culture exchange with friendly Shan people. Our return walk would be along Namhtun creek with optional visit to some of the Lisu villages on the way. Afternoon we walk to Paneling Hkamti Shan village and visit unique Mahamuni Image and other attractions. Continue walk to Putaung Shan village through paddy field and gardens having small Buddhist Shrine with a back drop of Blue Mountains and snow-capped Mountains far in the horizon. Return back to Putao and check in at hotel. Dinner and overnight at Putao Lodge.
Day 06 Departure
Breakfast and perhaps a last minute shopping at Putao market and further visit in and around Putao with suggestion by your guide. Lunch and afternoon transfer to airport for your onward departure flight to conclude this unique experience.
Enjoy your tours with Our top favorite Burma package tours
|I NEED TAILOR-MADE||I’LL TAKE THIS TOUR|
Passports and Visas
- Go to Myanmar Embassies and Consulates in your home country and you will be guided procedure. You may want to check the list of countries where Myanmar has embassies and consulate offices by clicking here.
- Obtain VISA On Arrival (VOA). For tourists coming from countries has no Myanmar Diplomatic Rep offices, you can obtain VOA online via www.myanmarevisa.gov.mm – the official portal for VOA by Myanmar government. The portal launched in Sep 01, 2014 and took its pilot operation for a month. Providing you encounter any issue, please contact us for support.
Climate & Clothing
Cell Phones & Calling Cards
Making Telephone Calls from One Country to Another
Wireless Internet Access
Cards and Currency
- The US$ notes must be new.
- The US$ notes torn, marked, folded will not be accepted.
- The US$ notes having series before 2003 backward may not accepted.
- Several weeks before your trip, make a list of what you will need to take with you.
- Make sure your personal documents (passports, visas, driver’s license) are in order.
- We suggest that you make photocopies of passports, visas, personal ID and any other important travel documents and pack them separately from the originals. If you lose the originals while traveling, you'll have copies for easier reporting and replacement.
- You may consider bringing a small supply of over the counter medications for headaches and/or anti-diarrhea pills. Pack a list of medications including dosage and generic names.
- We recommend that you pack a portable alarm clock.
- Avoid placing valuables such as cameras in your checked luggage.