To have a safe and meaningful trip, besides the careful preparation of procedures, necessary documents, financial excess, the choice of travel time is also very important. If you want to visit the Golden Pagoda country – Myanmar, follow the article below to better understand about Myanmar weather.
Overview Myanmar’s geographical
Myanmar is a diamond-shaped country, stretching 925km from east to west and 2100km from north to south. The country has a total area of 676,578 square kilometers (261,228 sq mi), the total length of the border is 238 km (148 mi). It’s bordered by China (2,129 kilometers – 1,323 mi), Laos (238 kilometers – 148 mi) and Thailand (2,416 kilometers – 1,501 mi) in the east, Bangladesh (271 kilometers – 168 mi) and India (1,468 kilometers – 912 mi) in the north and the Indian Ocean in the west and south. The Irrawaddy River runs through the center of the country and forms a plain on the south coast
Choose the best Myanmar weather to explore the beauty of this land
The northern part of the country is a delta located in the Irrawaddy River Basin and central Myanmar, protected by mountains as a horseshoe up to more than 3,000 m. This creat profound effects on the climate.
In the west, there are the Arakan Mountains, Chin Naga and Patkai Hills; Kachin Hills in the north, Shan Plateau in the east. In central Myanmar, people cultivate a lot of fruits and vegetables. The citrus trees thrive on the Shan Plateau. Much of the land is covered by forests and hills.
Three seasons of Myanmar weather
In Myanmar, the temperatures in each area change from north to south. The northern regions carry a rather cool climate, with an average temperature of 21 degrees Celsius, while in the coastal and delta regions, the average temperatures are about 32 degrees Celsius. The Myanmar weather is divided into 3 distinct seasons with various characteristics that you can choose the most suitable time to travel here.
The fall is the most suitable time to visit Myanmar
- Summer (from March to June): This is the hottest period, with little or no rain and less frequent visitors, so the price of the service is also cheaper, if you want to save money, you should visit Myanmar these months.
- Rainy season (from July to September): In Yangon this time, it rains all day and night, while in Bangan and Mandalay it is less rainy. This hinders travel, so this is also the time when very few tourists visit Myanmar, and the price is so cheap.
- Fall (from October to February next year): This is the time when Myanmar weather is most beautiful, best suited for tourism with a mild climate and less rain. That’s why a large number of tourists choose fall to have Myanmar tour and the travel costs are certainly more expensive.
You also need to pay attention:
– The temperature can reach 36 degrees in Yangon during the hot season, while in the cool season, the temperature at midday is only about 32 degrees, while the night is about 19 degrees.
– In the central and northern regions, representatives of the capital Naypydaw and capital Mandalay all year round do not have much rain and sun is very harsh. You will feel it by the way of sun protection of people here.
– In the Golden Rock Temple area, the weather on the summit is cold all year round (around 15oC – 20oC) with rain, cloudy and foggy.
– Mandalay is slightly cold in the cool season, temperatures can drop to around 13 degrees, while in the hot season, it can be up to 37 degrees.
– In highlands areas like Inle Lake and Pyin U Lwin, in winter, the temperatures can fall below 10 degrees at night, while in the daytime, it is very pleasant. Even in summer the temperature is no more than 32 degrees. Near the border with India, in the state of Kachin, there are mountains always covered with snow.
The mountains always covered with snow of Myanmar
3. Note when traveling to Myanmar
Before visiting Myanmar, you should know well about the Myanmar weather and have a good preparation:
● The clothes are lightweight, easy to iron, can wear for a long time. You should wear jeans and T-shirts or cool cotton clothing. Do not forget to bring pillows and polo shirts to visit temples.
● Prepare a thin jacket, windbreakers that are resistant to rain. You can buy lightweight but good clothes at tourist shops to ensure that you do not lose your suitcase. In Myanmar, you will find these shirts useful during night walks, when the rain comes, on the plane, on the bus or on the road.
● Shoes: lightweight, easy to remove and bring on the visit because you must often take off when entering to the temple.
● Prepare full of hats, umbrellas, sunscreen to fight the harsh sunshine in Myanmar. If you go in rainy season, don’t forget to bring lightweight raincoats that are easy to carry.
● Just bring medium or lightweight backpack for easy moving.
● In case you are unfamiliar with Myanmar weather, you may be ill, so be prepared for cold medicine, wind oil and abdominal medicine. Myanmar is an underdeveloped country, so medicines must be imported and so expensive.
If you do not like the noise or want to save money, let’s visit Myanmar in summer or rainy season. If you want to travel at the best time of Myanmar weather, come here in the fall. Hope that through this article, you will have more useful experience to prepare for a unforgetable exploration to Myanmar